'Tema e Variazioni'

I was spellbound when I first saw this wallpaper on the blog of The Peak of Chick. Then I saw it again a day later in Elle Decor UK Edition June 2007. My clients had given me the magazine with some pages turned over of things they liked and there I saw it again. So I have decided I want to use this paper somewhere and if I don't get to use it for a client I am going to wallpaper my own Powder Room with it. I think it would make a memorable visit to that room.

Here's what Elle Decor had to say:

Cole and Sons wallpapers are beautiful, well-made and bang on trend. Its latest collection transfers the work of bonkers Milanese artist and interior designer Piero Fornasetti (1913-1988) into bold wallpapers. My favourite ‘Tema e Variazioni’ inspired by the enigmatic face of a beautiful woman he came across in an old French magazine. (I thought I sensed some French Chic)

Piero Fornasetti was born in 1913 in Milan and became an eclectic painter, sculptor, interior designer, craftsman, engraver of art books and organizer of international exhibitions and events. Believing strongly in disegnothe practice of sketching and copying – as the legacy of the Italian artistic tradition, his unique style shows a strong sense of irony. He worked independently of the avant-garde and his production of exquisitely made objects, textiles and furniture, some of which are in the V&A Museum, is one of the largest of the 20th century.

http://www.cole-and-son.com/
Elle Decoration UK Edition June 2007

If anyone knows the translation for 'Tema e Variazioni' please let me know!!!
Translations:
Themes and Variations The House of Beauty and Culture
Topic and Variations Cote de Texas
Variations on a Theme Studio Annetta

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top