sadly not my studio but the beautful work of steve gianetti via velvet & linen


My art studio is housed in a small building separate to our main house. And that's a very good thing. Because I would have to be the messiest person alive when I'm in the middle of a painting. I've tried many times to keep the chaos under control, but it's just not in my nature.

To start with, the room was dark and depressing, boasting exposed brick walls that sucked all the available light out of the room. And before I claimed it for myself, it had become a general dumping ground for all our excess stuff.







I'm always amazed at the difference a few litres of white paint makes. Actually make that ten litres. Those brick walls were thirsty and so porous, it took three coats before it even looked like covering. But it was definitely worth it and the amount of light in the room is quite amazing. We pulled up the musty old carpet, and gave the floors a makeover too - a soft french grey.



I'll be back with some pics of the finished room soon, as soon as I finish my latest painting  (and give it a bit of a tidy up!)  Until then, here are some stunning examples to whet your appetite.

from here



... oh if only!   from here
Happy Monday,
Kerri x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top