These watercolor renderings are done by Anne Harwell. She has a wonderful blog: Annchovie,
where she daily posts her paintings. Anne has a wonderful whimsical approach to capturing the essence of her subject matter. I love her technique and she also has a fetish for chairs as I do, so I feel we are kindred spirits. She takes commissions for paintings. I am commissioning her to do a painting of a home that I designed that was featured in Architectural Digest December 2006. Stay tuned I will post this painting of hers when it is completed. There is nothing like a hand painted and hand rendered piece of artwork. I think it is an art form that we need to support and encourage artists like Anne to continue. So please give her your support in whatever way you can. Art and artists are our life blood and they need to be supported and encouraged in their creativity.

Here are some of her whimsical painting of chairs.



"Artists help us to see and understand the world around us better." Patricia Gray

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top