In my last post I talked about my Island property that I purchased 1 1/2 years ago and have not been to since. So on Sunday I set sail with friends and got to see my little bit heaven from the water.
Leaving Vancouver Harbour and setting sail for my Island .

Approaching Gambier and locating my property from the water...

There it is behind me. I am so excited to be able to see it from this angle. It is a totally different perspective than approaching it via land. There is the creek bed that leads into a small protected cove, where I plan to have a dock.
This is my waterfront and the property goes up to the top and (maybe) over the mountain.
A close up view of the creekbed, it needs to have a few fallen trees cleaned out of it and it looks like there is a nice flat spot up on the top of that rock cliff which would be perfect for a gazebo for seal watching. I think I am seeing a couple of fruit trees?? If so I have no idea how they got there.
This is a view directly across at the mountain range. The peak with some snow still left on it is a famous Vancouver landmark called The Lions Heads. The highway to Whistler runs along
the lower section of this mountain range.
My neighbours on Gambier coming to greet us.
The end of the day and we are returning to the marina and passing under the Lions Gate Bridge. It was a perfect day!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top