Instead of the usual 'resolutions' this year, I've decided to try something different. You see, I'm the sort of person who absolutely loves beginnings - the endless possibilities, the excitement of starting something new, the adrenalin rush.....but the problem can be keeping that enthusiasm going once the honeymoon stage is over. So, I've decided to have a list of goals for the year, broken down into achievable 'bites', with some nice little rewards along the way to keep things moving along. I've tried to keep the list short enough to be realistic, but challenging enough to keep me interested. So, here are a few of my goals for the year:

1. I'm going to spend more time on my larger paintings on canvas again. After my works on paper took off so well, my plan for the year is to find a balance between the two, as I must admit, I miss the big, messy fun of working on canvas. I have so many ideas, so my plan is to spend one day every week on the larger works.


'Linger'
mixed media on canvas, 1000mm x 1000mm
private commission

2. I'm going to get my full website up and running - at long last. I'll be displaying works in situ, so you'll see what the painting actually looks like in a room, and there will be the option to buy each painting with the click of a button. I also have lots more goodies in store, but until they're all ready to go, I can't say too much. Watch this space!

3. I'll be continuing with my renovations here at home. Now that the pool is looking all pretty and brand-spankin', the landscaping is seriously letting the side down. So that's definitely on the plan for the year, as well as finishing my en suite, home office, dining area......you know how it is.

Some of Jamie Durie's handiwork - love it.

Pretty, no? 

Of course, I have many, many more things on my 'to-do' list for 2011, but you know what? I'm not going to kill myself to get them done. They journey is at least half the fun, and for me, planning all the big things to come is so exciting in itself. So take a breath, relax, and enjoy the ride - that's my motto for the year. 

2010 was fantastic on so many levels, and a big part of that was starting this blog. It seriously changed my life - big call I know, but true. And the best part - meeting all of you. You are the best. Thank you. Oh, and if any of you are thinking of starting your own blog, but haven't - do it. Be brave. Put yourself out there. You won't regret it. 

Actually, I'm going to change my mind, and add one, and only one resolution that really says it all (thanks Nike). My resolution for 2011 - 'Just Do It'. 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top