It's a new week and I'm back in work mode (well sort of, anyway). I have lots of renovation plans for the year, so yesterday I braved the rain and headed off to Ikea. One of my xmas presents was a gift card, so of course I couldn't wait to see what goodies were on offer. I had planned to take some pics while I was there, but you know how it is - once I arrived I completely forgot.

I was looking for a few things in particular - I need a new work desk and storage for my studio, an ergonomic chair, and desk for the soon-to-be-renovated home office....none of which I managed to get. I'm thinking that this arrangement would be perfect for my studio:


the vika artur combination from Ikea


And then I saw that Laura Trevey uses the same desk in her gorgeous studio:


Of course, it was out of stock, so I'll be heading back in the next couple of weeks. I also need something like this from Pottery Barn:


.....which I'm completely smitten with. I know I'd be so organized if I had this set-up - pity they don't ship to Australia. I'll be on the hunt for something similar.


Another thing on my list is some Lack shelving. These are so versatile, they come in different sizes and colours, and are perfect for display and storage of all the necessities:


Oh, and this too....



But the hardest thing to find - a decent chair that's not only comfortable, but easy on the eye. I hurt my back a few years ago, so finding the right chair is at the top of my list, but sooo difficult. There is a real gap in the market if there are any furniture designers reading this post!

That's just the beginning of what I have planned for this year, and I'll share all the pics as soon as I can. I do love starting the year off with a project - what's on your to-do list for 2011?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top