I have quite a few new paintings on the go at the moment, all at various stages of completion, so I thought I'd share some pics of this one that's almost finished. When I say almost, it's because I like to live with them for a while before deciding whether they're actually 'done'. One of the hardest things for an artist (in my humble opinion) is to walk away from a painting; to decide enough is enough. The temptation is always there to add just a little bit more. So, by leaving things for a while to work on other pieces, it gives me a bit of breathing space to decide whether it's truly finished.





and how pretty is the wattle I picked this morning? I just had to fight a few dozen bees - the things we do!




If this particular piece looks familiar, it's because it was originally designed to be used alongside 'Verve', that I posted about here. The beauty of a diptych (artwork on two panels) is they can be hung together or separately, which gives much more flexibility. If you get bored (like I do often) it's easy to change things around, giving you more bang for your buck - always a good thing!

After living with this one for a while, I've decided to add a little more silver leaf to it, but other than that I'm pretty happy. I've been working on quite a few new ideas which will soon be available for sale, with different looks and styles, and I can't wait to share them with you!

Ok, I'm off to finish some other pieces, which I'll post as soon as they're photo-worthy. Must strike while the inspiration's running hot, and at the moment I'm finding new ideas all over the place. My inspiration file is bulging at the seams!

Enjoy your day everyone,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top