I thought I'd share this little painting study I did over the weekend. I haven't painted with watercolours for years, as most of my art is quite a bit larger in scale, and I tend to use acrylics and oils. But while I was at the art shop last week, buying some printing supplies (more on that later!) I picked up a little watercolour travel set. I'd forgotten how much fun it was to sketch up a scene and put brush to paper. Not sure whether I'm finished with this one yet (I know, the perfectionist in me is hard to ignore) but here it is so far:




I may add just a little more shading, but for now I think I'll just live with it for a bit. I'm also thinking of separating it into two or three smaller works, then framing them in simple white box frames, with white mats. Either way, I thoroughly enjoyed the process, so a few watercolour studies may soon be for sale as well as my usual works. The kids had a rare weekend off from sport, so I was able to get a lovely, uninterrupted  stretch of painting in ...bliss! 

Hope you all had a great weekend too, and over the next few days I'll share some new projects I've been working on. See you soon,



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top